- 1" x 6" stock 5' long
- 3' of 1/4" x 1-1/2" lattice
- 4d, 1-1/2" galvanized box nails
- Stain and varnish for finish (no paint)
- Table saw, Circular saw or Jigsaw
- Drill Hammer Sandpaper Paint Brush
How To Make the Bird Feeder
- Using 1" x 6" stock, measure and
cut the bottom piece 10" long. Cut 1/2" off of each
corner as illustrated.
- Cut two 12" pieces of stock for the
roof. Set the saw blade at 30 degrees and rip each piece leaving
the board its original width at the long side of the bevel.
- Use the diagram and directions included to
make the side pieces.
- Using 1/4" x 1-1/2" lattice, cut
two pieces the exact width of the 1" x 6" stock. Also
cut two pieces 10-1/2" long.
- Sand each piece smooth and apply stain and
varnish before assembly.
- Assemble the bird feeder by first attaching
the sides on top of the bottom piece. Next, attach the roof pieces
making sure they are centered. Attach the lattice even with the
bottom. Be sure to pre-drill all holes.
Directions for making the side pieces:
On a sheet of paper, draw a 2" line (A-A).
Mark the center of line A-A and draw a perpendicular
line 8-3/8" long (B-B).
Measure and mark point D at 6-3/4" from
where line B intersects line A.
At point D, center a line (C-C) 5-1/2"
long parallel to line A-A.
Connect the lines as shown: A-C, C-B.
Now use this pattern to mark and cut the side
pieces on your 1" x 6" stock.